Wednesday, August 7, 2013

sew positive

A few weeks ago I volunteered to test a pattern for Elizabeth.  She said that we could choose whichever size we wanted.  I went with the wall sized quilt because my blank walls are always in need of a little color.
sew positive wall hanging
I have a stack of Kaffe Fassett shot cotton scraps that have been sitting on my shelf ever since I made this quilt.  I just love how bright and pretty they are.  The background is the newspaper print from Collage.

The pattern was very clear and well written and quick.  I had all of the pieces cut out and sewn together before I knew it :)

Finished size: 24"x24"
Pattern available at Don't Call Me Betsy in the near future


Linking up to Finish it up Friday.
Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments :

Lorna McMahon said...

Very sweet mini quilt! I love the plus pattern and how your quilting accentuates it so perfectly. Great fabric choices, Erica!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

What a pretty composition! The newspaper print is the perfect contrast to glowing solid colors.

DeborahGun said...

I love this :-)

Heidi Staples said...

Erica, this is just stunning!!! I've already pinned it so I can come back later and look again!

Laurie said...

Absolutely awesome! I LOVE how "LOVE" is framed in that one square!

Kelsey said...

Looks awesome Erica! My version of the same quilt is hitting my blog on Monday :)

Little Island Quilting said...

Love this too...you're on a bit of a roll at the moment!

Erica Toole said...

Love it! It looks great!

Beth said...

Looks great! I love how you paired the bright solids with the newsprint.

RobotMomSews said...

So nice!! I love the newspaper print with solids. It'll look great on your wall!

Heather D. said...

I love it! And the text print is just perfect for this.

Carla said...

I love me some texty prints. This is a great pop of colour!

Janet M. said...

What a great pattern! It's simple, bright and cheerful!

Renee said...

Those solids are perfect with the newspaper print! What a great mini to decorate your walls!

jeifner said...

Love the text print behind those pretty summer jewel tones.

Green said...

Great fin7sh. I l8ve the fabrics you used and your gridded quilting.

Denise Russell said...

Wow! Love the colors and the pattern! Thanks for sharing it with us...

wombatquilts.com said...

Beyond fabulous.

Adrianne said...

Very pretty! I love that newspaper print as a background - it really makes the coloured sections pop.

sarahquilts.com said...

The upside down "love" is my favorite!

Shauna said...

Love this - especially the newspaper background. Your little quilt should brighten any wall!

Debbie said...

Love your version!

Hilary @ Young Texan Mama said...

This looks great! I love that you used low volume fabrics for the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...